1. Al-Ajlouni MG, Othman YA, Al-Qarallah BM, Ayad YJ. 2017. Using environmentally friendly
Ebrahim Alami et al. Int. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 2021 8(3): 251-260
substrate in soilless lily production. Journal of Food, Agriculture and Environment 15 (1): 34- 38.
2. Alvarenga P, Farto M, Mourinha C, Palma P. 2016. Beneficial use of dewatered and composted sewage sludge as soil amendments: Behaviour of metals in soils and their uptake by plants. Waste and Biomass Valorization 7, 1189–1201.
3. Aminifard MH, Bayat H. 2016. Effect of vermicompost on fruit yield and quality of bell pepper. International Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology 3 (2): 221-229.
4. Arnon AN. 1967. Method of extraction of chlorophyll in the plants. Agronomy Journal 23, 112-121.
5. Adediran JA, Taiwo LB, Akande MO, Sobulo RA, Idowu OJ. 2004. Application of organic and inorganic fertilizer for sustainable maize and cowpea yields in Nigeria. Journal of Plant Nutrition 27, 1163–1181.
6. Atik A. 2013. Effects of planting density and treatment with vermicompost on the morphological characteristics of Oriental Beech (Fagus orientalis Lipsky.). Compost Science and Utilization 21, 87–98.
7. Brown MW, Tworkoski T. 2004. Pest management benefits of compost mulch in apple orchards. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 103, 465–472.
8. Chapman HD, Pratt PF. 1961. Method of Analysis for Soils, Plants and Waters. University of California. Division of Agricultural Sciences. p 68.
9. Edwards CA, Burrows I. 1988. The potential of earthworm composts as plant growth media. PP. 211–219. In: Edwards, C.A. and E.F. Neuhauser (Eds.). Earthworms in Waste and Environmental Management, SPB Academic Publ. Co., The Hague, The Netherlands.
10. Forens F, Mendoza-Hern D, Garcıa R, Abad M, Belda RM. 2012. Composting versus vermicomposting: a comparative study of organic matter evolution through straight and combined processes. Bioresource Technology 118, 296–305 .
11. Hu Y, Barker AV. 2004. Effects of composts and their combinations with other materials on nutrient accumulation in tomato leaves. Soil Science and Plant Analysis 35, 2809– 2823.
12. Huerta E, Vidal O, Jarquin A, Geissen V, Gomez
R. 2010. Effect of vermicompost on the growth and production of Amashito Pepper, Interactions with Earthworms and Rhizobacteria. Compost Science and Utilization 18, 282–288.
13. Gettys LA. 2014. Water hyacinth: Florida’s Worst Floating Weeds. IFAS Extension, Society Science Agriculture University of Florida, pp 1–5.
14. Gonzalez M, Gomez E, Comese R, Quesada M, Conti M. 2010. Influence of organic amendments on soil quality potential indicators in an urban horticultural system. Bioresource Technology 101, 8897–8901.
15. Gong X, Li S, Sun, Li W, Cai L, Zhang J, Wei L. 2018. Green waste compost and vermicompost as peat substitutes in growing media for geranium (Pelargonium zonale L.) and calendula (Calendula officinalis L.). Scientia Horticulturea 236, 186–191.
16. Gajalakshmi S, Ramasamy EV, Abbasi SA. 2001. Assessment of sustainable vermiconversion of water hyacinth at different reactor efficiencies employing Eudrilus eugeniae Kinberg. Bioresource Technology 80, 131–135.
17. John Elgar H, Woolf AB, Bieleski RL. 1999. Ethylene production by three lily species and their responseto ethylene exposure. Postharvest, Biology and Technology 1(6): 257–267.
18. Kafel MR, Kafel G, Balla MK, Dhakal L. 2009. Results of experiment of preparing compost from invasive water hyacinth (Eichhornia crassipes) in Rupa Lake area, Nepal. Journal of Wetland Ecology 2, 17–19.
19. Mashavira M, Chitata C, Lucia Mhindu R, Muzemu S, Kapenzi A, Manjeru P. 2015. The effect of water hyacinth (Eichhornia crassipes) compost on tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum) growth Attributes, yield Potential and Heavy Metal Levels. American Journal of Plant Science 6, 545–553.
20. Moghadam ARL, ZO Ardebill, Saidi F. 2012. Vermicompost induced changes in growth and development of Lilium Asiatic hybrid. African Journal of Agricultural Research 7, 2609–2621.
21. Osoro N, Muoma JO, Amoding A, Mukaminega D, Muthini M, Ombori O.Maingi JM. 2014. Effects of Water Hyacinth (Eichhornia crassipes [mart.] solms) Compost on Growth and Yield Parameters of Maize (Zea mays). British Journal of Applied Science and Technology. 4 (4): 617-633.
Ebrahim Alami et al. Int. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 2021 8(3): 251-260
22. Parsons WT, Cuthbertson EG .2001. Noxious Weeds of Australia (2nd edition) Collingwood, Victoria, Australia, CSIRO Publishing, pp 139 –144 .
23. Paul S, Bhattacharya SS. 2012. Vermicomposted water hyacinth enhances growth and yield of marigold by improving nutrient availability in soils of north bank plain of Assam. Journal of Agriculture Science and Technology 2, 1–11.
24. Pelkonen VP, Pirttila AM. 2012. Taxonomy and phylogeny of the Genius Lilium. Floriculture and Ornamental Biotechnology 6,: 1-8 .
25. Prasad R, Singh J, Kalamdhad AS. 2013. Assessment of nutrients and stability parameters during composting of water hyacinth mixed with cattle manure and sawdust. Research Journal of Chemical Science 3, 1–4.
26. Raj D. 2014. Floriculture at a glance. 4th ed. Kalyani Publishers, P 125
27. Rajera S, sharma p, Sharma BKP.2017. Effect of different growing media on growth and flower production of LA hybrid lily. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Science 6, 2076–2089.
28. Ravi S, Channal HT, Hebsur NS, Patil BN, Dharmatti PR. 2008. Effect of sulphur, zinc and iron nutrition on growth, yield, nutrient uptake and quality of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.). Karnataka Journal of Agricultural Sciences 21, 382–385.
29. Shahbazi Z, Salehi A, Hazrati S, Movahedi Dehnavi M. 2019. Enhancing the quality and yield of european borage (Borago officinalis) by simultaneous application of granulated compost, vermicompost and mycorrhiza.
International Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology 6 (2): 283- 298.
30. Slinkard K and Singleton VL. 1977. Total phenol analysis: automation and comparison with manual method. American Journal of Enology and Viticulture 28, 49–55.
31. Sonter SH, Pattar RV, Ramalingappa A. 2018. Effect of Eichornia crasipes (Mart) Sloms compost on morphological parameters of black gram (Vinga mungo Hepper). International Journal of Health Science and Research 3, 20–26.
32. Sridevi S, Prabu M, Tamilselvi, NG. 2016. Bioconversion of water hyacinth into enriched vermicompost and its effect on growth and yield of peanut. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Science 5, 675-681.
33. Talkah A. 2015. Effect of organic fertilizers water hyacinth in the growth and production plant taro (Colocasia esculenta L.). Journal of Environment and Earth Science 5, 70–74 .
34. Talukdar A. 2018. Water hyacinth (Eichhornia crassipes): A source of natural fertilizer. International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research 6, 76– 77.
35. Torre S, Borochov A, Halevy AH. 1999. Calcium regulation of senescence in roses. Physiology Plant 107, 214–219.
36. Uma B, Malathi M. 2009. Vermicompost as a soil supplement to improve growth and yield of Amaranthus species. Journal Agricultural and Biology Science 5, 1054– 1060.
37. Wahing I, Van W, Houba VJG, Van der lee JJ. 1989. Soil and plant analysis, a series of syllabi. part 7, plant analysis procedure. Wageningen Agriculture University.