Acharya K. 2006. Linking trees on farms with biodiversity conservation in subsistence farming systems in Nepal. Biodiversity and Conservation 15, 631-646.
2. Achim G, Botu I. 2001. Results in walnut propagation by using different methods. Acta Horticulture 544, 503-509.
3. Ahamad K. 2020. Walnut Yearbook. Rukumkot, 5, Nepal: Amar Publishers.
4. Ahmed N, Singh S.R, Srivastava K.K, Shagoo P.A, Hayat S. 2012. Effect of different environments, grafting methods and times on sprouting, graft success and plant growth of walnut (Juglans regia). Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 82(12), 14-18.
5. Aminzadeh F, Fattahi Moghaddam M, Ebadi A, Hasani D, Blanian H. 2013. Effect of grafting time, antioxidant and plant growth regulators on minigrafting in walnut (Juglans regia L.). Seed Plant Production Journal 29, 269-282.
6. Awasthi D, Sinha M, Srivastava R, Misra R. 1982. Evaluation of epictoyl grafting in walnut in relation to success and survival. Progressive Horticulture 14, 178-179.
7. Breusegem F.V, Dat J.M. 2006. Reactive oxygen species in plant cell death. Plant Physiology 141, 384-390.
8. Dehghan B, Vahdati K, Rezaee D, Hassani, Papachatzis A. 2010. Top-working of mature walnut trees as affected by different bleeding control methods and scion cultivars. Acta Horticulture 861(861), 353-359.
9. Devkota L. N. 1999. Deciduous fruit production in Nepal. In FAO, M. K. In: Papademetriou, & E. M. Herath (Eds.), Deciduous Fruit Production in Asia and the Pacific, Rome: FAO.
10. Dhakal L. P, Shrestha K. R, Shrestha K. B, Lilleso J.P.B. 2003. Tree planting zones for the benefits to the small holders in Nepal. World Agroforestry Centre, 1-18.
11. Ebrahimi A, Vahdati K, Fallahi E. 2009. Improved success of Persian walnut grafting under environmentally controlled conditions. International Journal of Fruit Science 6(4), 3-12.
12. Ewers F.W, Ameligo T. C, Beaujard F, Martingnac M, Vandame M, Bodet C, Cruizat P. 2001. Seasonal variation in xylem pressure of walnut trees: root and stem pressure. Tree Physiology 21, 1123-1132.
13. FAO. 2004. Inventory of walnut research, germplasm and references. (E. Germain, Ed.) Rome: FAO Technical Series.
14. FAOSTAT. 2018. FAOSTAT Data. Retrieved from http://www.fao.org/faostat/en/?#data/QC
15. Farsi M, Fatahi Moghadam M, Zamani Z, Hassani D, Ahmadi A. 2016. The histology of minigrafting of Persian walnut trees cv. chandler. International Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology 3(2), 167-177.
16. Farsi M, Fatahi Moghadam M, Zamani Z, Hassani D. 2018. Effects of scion cultivar, rootstock age and hormonal treatment on minigrafting of Persian walnut. International Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology 5(2), 185-197.
17. Gandev S. 2007. Budding and grafting of the walnut (Juglans regia L.) and their effectiveness in Bulgaria (Review). Bulgarian Journal of Agricultural Science 13, 683-689.
18. Gandev S. 2009. Propagation of walnut (Juglans regia L.) under controlled temperature by the methods of omega bench grafting, hot callus and epicotyl grafting. Bulgarian Journal of Agricultural Science 15(2), 105-108.
19. Gandev S. 2014. State-of-the-art and problems of walnut propagation methods. АГРОЗНАЊЕ 15(1), 95-110.
20. Gandev S. I. 2018. Modern techniques for walnut propagation. Agrotechnology 7, p. 48. Zurich: Agrotechnology. doi:10.4172/2168-9881-C2-033
21. Giri R, Bhusal Y, Gautam S. 2019.Achievements in walnut grafting procedures. Rajikot, Jumla, Karnali, Nepal: Horticultulture Research Centre, High Hills Agriculture Research Academy, Nepal Agriculture Research Council, Government of Nepal.
22. Hartman H, Kester D, Davies F, Geneve R. 2001. Plant propagation: Principle and practices (7th ed.), New Jersey: Prentice Hall International.
Rabin Thapa et al. Int. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 2021 8(2): 133-147
23. Ibrahim M, Sadiqand C, Idris, C. 1978. Experiment on comparative studies on different propagation techniques in English walnut. Journal of Agricultural Research Pakistan 16(2), 205-209.
24. Jones A. M. 2001. Programmed cell death in development and defense. Plant Physiology 125, 94-97.
25. Kazankaya A, Sen M.S, Tekintas E.F. 1995. Relations between graft success and structural hormones on walnut (Juglans regia L.). International Walnut Congress 3(442), 295-298.
26. Kuden A, Kaska N. 1997. Studies on the patch budding of walnuts in different budding periods under subtropical conditions. Acta Horticulture 442, 299-301.
27. Mehta G, Kumar R, Bakshi P, Wali V, Jasrotia A, Kumar R, Bhat D. 2018. Standardization of method and time of grafting on pecan (Carya illinoensis) under intermediate agro-climatic conditions. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 88(7), 1088-1091.
28. Mir M, Kumar A. 2011. Effect of different methods, time and environmental conditions on grafting in walnut. International Journal of Farm Sciences 1(2), 17-22.
29. MoAD. 2017. Statistical information on Nepalese agriculture 2073/74(2016/17). Kathmandu, 3, Nepal: Government of Nepal, Ministry of Agricultural Development, Monitoring, Evaulation and Statistics Division, Agriculture Statistics Section.
30. MoALD. 2019. Statstical information on Nepalese agriculture (2018/19). Government of Nepal, Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Development, Monitoring, evaulation and statistics division, Agriculture statistics section.
31. NASA-Power. 2020. Retrieved from https://power.larc.nasa.gov/: https://power.larc.nasa.gov/
32. Ozkan Y, Gumus A. 2001. Effects of different applications on grafting under controlled conditions of walnut (Juglans regia L.). Acta Horticulture 511-520.
33. Ozkan Y, Edizer Y, Akca Y. 2001. A study on propagation with patch budding of some walnut cultivars (Juglans regia L.). Acta Horticulture 544, 521-525.
34. PMAMP. 2019. Annual program and progress report. Government of Nepal. Ministry of agriculture and livestock development.
35. Qureshi A, Dalal M. 1985. Status of nut crops in Jammu and Kashmir state. Progressive Horticulture 17, 197-205.
36. Raufi A, Vahdati K, Karimi S, Roozban M. R. 2017. Optimizing early grafting of Persian walnut by evaluating different rootstocks, covering materials and grafting methods. Journal of Nuts 8(2), 97-106.
37. Rezaee R, Vahdati K. 2008. Introducing a simple and efficient procedure for topworking of Persian walnut trees. Journal of the American Pomological Society 62, 21–26.
38. Rezaee R, Vahdati K, Grigoorian V, Valizadeh M. 2008. Walnut grafting success and bleeding rate as affected by different grafting methods and seedling vigour. Journal of Horticultural Science and Biotechnology 83(1), 94-99.
39. Rongting X, Pinghai D. 1993. A study on the uniting process of walnut grafting and the factors affecting. Acta Horticulturae 311, 160-170.
40. Sadeghi Majd R, Vahdati K, Roozban M. R, Arab M. 2019. Exploring combinations of graft cover and grafting method in commercial walnut cultivars. International Journal of Fruit Science 19(4), 359-371.
41. Sayed E, Emtithal H, El-Sherif A, Said W, Sari El-Deen S. 2000. Studies on the technique of top working for old pecan tress. Egyptian Journal of Applied Science 15(5), 132-146.
42. Schnelle M.A. 2012. The future potential of horticultural plant discovery, improvement, and production in Nepal. Horticulture Science 47(7), 828-830.
43. Sharma A.K, Singh S. R, Srivastava K. K, Sounduri A. S. 2003. Studies on success of walnut grafting as affected by time and environment. Indian Journal of Ecology 18, 123-125.
44. Singh L, Awasthi M, Negi P, Negi M. 2019. Studies on success rate of grafting methods on walnut (Juglans regia L.) at different time under polyhouse condition. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 8(4), 2657-2659.
45. Skene D, Shephred H, Howard B. 1983. Characteristic anatomy of union formation in T and chip budding of fruit and ornamental trees. Journal of Horticultural Sciences 58, 95-99.
46. Solar A, Colariac M, Usenik V, Stampar F. 2006. Seasonal variations of selected flavonoids, phenolic acids and quinones in annual shoots of common walnut. Plant Science 170, 453-461.
Rabin Thapa et al. Int. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 2021 8(2): 133-147
47. Soleimani A, Rabiei V, Hassani D. 2010. Effect of different techniques on walnut (J. regia L.) grafting. Journal of Food, Agriculture and Environment 8(1), 132-134.
48. Solgi M, Shahrjerdi I, Ebadi A. 2012. Effects of scion genotype, rootstock age and time of grafting on success of soft grafting method in walnut. Acta Horticulturae 940, 119-123.
49. Vahdati K. 2003. Nursery management and grafting of walnut. Khaniran Publisher, Tehran, Iran, 113.
50. Vahdati K. 2014. Traditions and folks for walnut growing around the silk road. Acta Horticulturae 1032, 19-24.
51. Vahdati K, Zarei R. 2006. Evaluation of side stub and hypocotyle grafting efficency for walnut propagation in Iran. Acta Horticulture 705, 347-351.
52. Vahdati K, Hassani D, Rezaee R, Jafari Seyedi M. H, Sarikhani Khorami S. 2014. Walnut footprint in Iran: Following walnut footprints (Juglans regia L.) cultivation and culture, folklore and history, traditions and uses. International Society for Horticultural Science (ISHS) 17, 187-201.
53. Valizadeh Kaji B, Abbasifar A, Bagheri H, Zandievakili G, Daryabeigi A. 2020. First report: Grafting of three Iranian commercial pomegranate cultivars on drought tolerant rootstocks. International Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology 7(1), 69-79.
54. Wani R, Baba J. A, Zaffar G, Hakeem S, Umar I, Mir M, Zubair M. 2017. Grafting-take success in walnut (Juglans regia) under different environment conditions. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences 6(7), 2195-2201.