Ali A, Muhammad M.T.M, Sijam K, Siddiqui Y. 2011. Effect of chitosan coatings on the physicochemical characteristics of Eksotika II papaya (Carica papaya L.) fruit during cold storage. Food Chemistry 124, 620–626.
2. Barman K, Asrey R, Pal R.K. 2011. Putrescine and carnauba wax pretreatments alleviate chilling injury, enhance shelf life and preserve pomegranate fruit quality during cold storage. Scientia Horticulturae 130, 795–800.
3. Chafer M, Sanchez-Gonzalez L, Gonzalez-Martínez C. 2012. Fungal decay and shelf life of oranges coated with chitosan and bergamot, thyme, and tea tree essential oils. Journal of Food Science 77, 182–187.
4. Dantas Guerra I..C, de Oliveira P.D.L, Fernandes Santos M.M, Carneiro Lúcio A.S.S,
Effects of Postharvest Edible Coatings to Maintain Qualitative Properties and to … 79
Tavares J.F, Barbosa-Filho J.M, Madruga M.S, de Souza E.L. 2016. The effects of composite coatings containing chitosan and Mentha (piperita L. or x villosa Huds) essential oil on postharvest mold occurrence and quality of table grape cv. Isabella. Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies 34, 112–121.
5. Delieghere F, Vermeulen A, Debevere J. 2004. Chitosan: antimicrobial activity, interactions with food components and applicability as a coating on fruit and vegetables. Food Microbiology 21, 703–714.
6. Dong H., Cheng L., Tan J., Zheng K, Jiang Y. 2004. Effects of chitosan coating on quality and shelf life of peeled litchi fruit. Journal of Food Engineering 64, 355–358.
7. Dotto G.L, Pinto L.A.A, Hachicha M.A, Knani S. 2015. New physicochemical interpretations for the adsorption of food dyes on chitosan films using statistical physics treatment. Food Chemistry 171, 1–7.
8. El Ghaouth A., Ponnampalam R., Boulet M. 1991. Chitosan coating effect on storability and quality of fresh strawberries. Journal of Food Science 56, 1618–1621.
9. Elyatem S.M, Kader A.A. 1984. Postharvest physiology and storage behavior of pomegranate fruits. Scientia Horticulturae 24, 287–298.
10. Fawole O.A, Opara U.L. 2013. Effects of storage temperature and duration on physiological responses of pomegranate fruit. Industrial Crops and Products 47, 300–309.
11. Ghasemnezhad, M., Zareh, S., Shiri, M.A. and Javdani, Z., 2015. The arils characterization of five different pomegranate (Punica granatum) genotypes stored after minimal processing technology. Journal of food science and technology 52(4), 2023-2032.
12. Goncalves B, Silva A.P, Moutinho-Pereira J, Bacelar E, Rosa E, Meyer, A.S. 2007. Effect of ripeness and postharvest storage on the evolution of colour and anthocyanins in cherries (Prunus avium L.). Food Chemistry 103, 976–984.
13. Jameel Jhalegar M.D, Sharma R.R, Singh D. 2015. In vitro and In vivo activity of essential oils against major postharvest pathogens of Kinnow (Citrus nobilis × C. deliciosa) mandarin. Journal of Food Science and Technology 52(4), 2229–2237.
14. Jiang T, Feng L, Li J. 2012. Changes in microbial and postharvest quality of shiitake mushroom (Lentinus edodes) treated with
chitosan-glucose complex coating under cold storage. Food Chemistry 131, 780–786.
15. Jiang Y, Li J, Jiang W. 2005. Effects of chitosan coating on shelf life of cold-stored litchi fruit at ambient temperature. LWT - Food Science and Technology 38, 757–761.
16. Jianglian D, Shaoying Z. 2013. Application of Chitosan Based Coating in Fruit and Vegetable Preservation: A Review. Journal of Food Processing & Technology 4(5).
17. Jitareerat P, Paumchai S, Kanlayanarat S. 2007. Effect of chitosan on ripening enzymatic activity, and disease development in mango (Mangifera indica L.) fruit. New Zealand Journal of Crop and Horticultural Science 35, 211–218.
18. Kahramanoğlu I, Usanmaz S. 2016. Pomegranate Production and Marketing. CRC Press. pp 148.
19. Kim D, Jeong S.W, Lee C.Y. 2003. Antioxidant capacity of phenolic phytochemicals from various cultivars of plums. Food Chemistry 81, 321-326.
20. Li T.T, Li J.R, Hu W.Z, Zhang X.G, Li X.P, Zhao J. 2013. Shelf-life extension of crucian carp (Carassius auratus) using natural preservatives during chilled storage. Food Chemistry 135, 140–145.
21. Lin B.F, Du Y.M, Liang X.Q, Wang X.Y, Wang X.H, Yang, J.H. 2011. Effect of chitosan coating on respiratory behavior and quality of stored litchi under ambient temperature. Journal of Food Engineering 102, 94–99.
22. Meighani H, Ghasemnezhad M, Bakhshi D. 2015. Effect of different coatings on post-harvest quality and bioactive compounds of pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) fruits. Journal of Food Science and Technology 52(7), 4507–4514.
23. Moradinezhad F, Khayyat M. 2014. Effects of Intermittent Warming and Prestorage Treatments (Hot Water, Salicylic Acid, Calcium Chloride) on Postharvest Life of Pomegranate Fruit cv. ‘Shishe-Kab’ during Long-Term Cold Storage. International Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology 1(1), 43–51.
24. Outtara B, Simard R.E, Piette G, Begin A, Holley R.A. 2000. Diffusion of acetic and propionic acids from chitosan-based antimicrobial packaging films. Journal of Food Science 65, 768–773.
25. Park Y.S, Jung S.T, Kang S.G, Heo B.G, Arancibia-Avila P., Toledo F., Drzewiecki J.,
80 Int. J. Hort. Sci. Technol; Vol. 8, No. 1; March 2021
Namiesnik J., Gorinstein, S. 2008. Antioxidants and proteins in ethylene-treated kiwifruits. Food Chemistry 107, 640–648.
26. Perdones A, Sanchez-Gonzalez L, Chiralt A, Vargas M. 2012. Effect of chitosan–lemon essential oil coatings on storage-keeping quality of strawberry. Postharvest Biology and Technology 70, 32–41.
27. Pezo D, Salafranca J, Nerin C. 2006. Design of a method for generation of gas-phase hydroxyl radicals, and use of HPLC with fluorescence detection to assess the antioxidant capacity of natural essential oils. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry 385(7), 1241–1246.
28. Qiu X.J, Chen S.J, Liu G.M, Yang Q.M. 2014. Quality enhancement in the Japanese sea bass (Lateolabrax japonicas) fillets stored at 4 degrees C by chitosan coating incorporated with citric acid or licorice extract. Food Chemistry 162, 156–160.
29. Ranjbari F, Moradinezhad F, Khayyat M. 2016. Effect of nitric oxide on biochemical and antioxidant properties of pomegranate fruit cv. Shishe-kab during cold storage. International Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology 3(2), 211–219.
30. Ravanfar R, Niakousari M, Maftoonazad N. 2014. Postharvest sour cherry quality and safety maintenance by exposure to Hot- water or treatment with fresh Aloe vera gel. Journal of Food Science and Technology 51(10), 2872–2876.
31. Reyes-Avalos M.C, Aguilar-González C.N, Femenia A., Minjares-Fuentes R., Esparza-Rivera J.R, Contreras-Esquivel J.C, Meza-Velázquez J.A. 2016. Improvement of the quality and the shelf life of figs (Ficus carica) using an alginate–chitosan edible film. Food and Bioprocess Technology 9, 2114–2124.
32. Sabır A, Sabır F.K, Kara Z. 2011. Effects of modified atmosphere packing and honey dip treatments on quality maintenance of minimally processed grape cv. Razaki (V. vinifera L.) during cold storage. Journal of Food Science and Technology 48(3), 312–318.
33. Sánchez-Gonzáles L, Chafer M, Chiralt A, González-Martínez C. 2010. Physical properties of edible chitosan films containing bergamot essential oil and their inhibitory action on
Penicillium italicum. Carbohydrate Polymers 82, 277–283.
34. Sayyari M, Babalar M, Kalantari S, Martínez-Romero D, Guillén F, Serrano M., Valero D. 2011. Vapour treatments with methyl salicylate or methyl jasmonate alleviated chilling injury and enhanced antioxidant potential during postharvest storage of pomegranates. Food Chemistry 124, 964–970.
35. Singleton V.L, Rosi J.A. 1965. Colorimetric of total phenolics with phosphomolybdic-phosphotungstic acid reagents. American Journal of Enology and Viticulture 16, 144–158.
36. Sun X, Narciso J, Wang Z, Ference C, Bai J, Zhou K. 2014. Effects of chitosan-essential oil coatings on safety and quality of fresh blueberries. Journal of Food Science 79, 955–960.
37. Taduri M, Reddy N.N, Lakshmi J, joshi V. 2017. Effect of pre harvest treatments on shelf life and quality of mango CV. Amrapali. The Pharma Innovation Journal 6(7), 54–59.
38. ValizadehKaji B, Ershadi A, Tohidfar M. 2013. In vitro propagation of two Iranian commercial pomegranates (Punica granatum L.) cvs. ‘Malas Saveh’ and ‘Yusef Khani’. Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants 19(4), 597–603.
39. Varasteh F, Arzani K, Barzegar B, Zamani Z. 2012. Changes in anthocyanins in arils of chitosan-coated pomegranate (Punica granatum L. cv. Rabbab-e-Neyriz) fruit during cold storage. Food Chemistry 130, 267–272. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2011.07.031.
40. Xiao C, Zhu L, Luo W, Song X, Deng Y. 2010. Combined action of pure oxygen pretreatment and chitosan coating incorporated with rosemary extracts on the quality of fresh pears. Food Chemistry 121, 1003–1009.
41. Xing Y, Li X, Xu Q, Yun J, Lu Y, Tang Y. 2011. Effects of chitosan enriched with cinnamon oil on qualitative properties of sweet pepper (Capsicum annuum L.). Food Chemistry 124, 1443–1450.
42. Zaouay F, Mena P, Garcia-Viguera C, Mars, M. 2012. Antioxidant activity and physico-chemical properties of Tunisian grown pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) cultivars. Industrial Crops and Products 40, 81–89.