Alvarez M.V, Ponce A.G, Mazzucotelli C.A, Moreira M.R. 2015. The impact of biopreservatives and storage temperature in the quality and safety of minimally processed mixed vegetables for soup. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 95, 962–971.
2. Arias P, Dankers C, Liu P, Pilkauskas P. 2003. The world banana economy. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome.
3. Bachmann J, Earles R. 2000. Post harvest handling of fruits and vegetables. Horticulture Techinical Note. Appropriate technology Transfer for Rural Areas (ATTRA) 1–22.
4. Baez-Sanudo M, Siller-Cepeda J, Muy-Rangel D, Heredia J.B. 2009. Extending the shelf life of bananas with 1- methylcyclopropene and a chitosan-based edible coating. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 89(14) 2343-2349.
5. BBS (Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics). 2016. Yearbook of Agricultural statistics of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics Division, Ministry of Planning, Government of People’s Republic of Bangladesh 202.
6. Dhall R. 2013. Advances in edible coatings for fresh fruits and vegetables: A review. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 53, 435–450.
7. Esguerra E.B, Rolle R. 2018. Post-harvest management of banana for quality and safety assurance; Guidance for horticultural supply chain stakeholders. Food and agriculture organization of the united nations rome.
8. Esyanti R.R, Zaskia H, Amalia A, Nugrahapraja D.H. 2019. Chitosan Nanoparticle-Based Coating as Post-harvest Technology in Banana. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. 1204 012109.
9. Gol N.B, Rao T.V.R. 2011. Banana fruit ripening as influenced by edible coatings. International Journal of fruit Science 11(2) 119-135.
10. Gomez K.A, Gomez A.A. 1984. Statistical Procedures for Agricultural Research. New York: John Wiley and Sons Inc. New York 67-215.
Effects of Different Concentrations of Chitosan on Shelf Life and Quality of Banana Fruit 11
11. Hassan M.K. 2006. Constitutive Alkenyl Resorcinols and Resistance to Postharvest Diseases in Mango. PhD. Thesis, School of Aronomoy and Horticulture, The University of Queensland, Australia 286.
12. Hassan M.K. 2010. A guide to postharvest handling of fruits and vegetables. Mymensingh: Ali press, 21, Chotobazar, Mymensingh, Bangladesh 19-22.
13. Hernandez J.J, Cabrere V, Galan A, Marrero A, Rodriguez P.C. 1999. Preliminary evaluation of the postharvest life of Cavendish banana cultivation. Acta Horticulturae 343 80-88.
14. Hosseini M.S, Zahedi S.M, Abadía J, Karimi M. 2018. Effects of postharvest treatments with chitosan and putrescine to maintain quality and extend shelf‐life of two banana cultivars. Food Science & Nutrition. Volume 6, Issue 5. July 2018. Pages 1328-1337.
15. Jiang Y, Li Y. 2001. Effects of chitosan on postharvest life and quality of longan fruit. Food Chemistry 73 139-143.
16. Kader A.A. 1992. Postharvest Technology of Horticultural Crops. 2nd edition. Division of Agriculture & Natural Resources, University of California. 13(3) 11-23.
17. Khader M.A, Chellappan K, Chattopadhy P.K, Anchanam O. 1996. Banana Fruits: Tropical and Subtropical. Editors: Bose TK and Mitra SK, Calcutta, India: Naya Prokash, 206 Bidhan Sarani 130-134.
18. Kittur F.S, Kumar K.R, Thraranathan R.N. 1998. Functional packaging properties of chitosan films. Zeitschrift für Lebensmittel Untersuchung und Forschung 206 44–47.
19. Knorr D. 1986. Nutritional quality, food processing and biotechnology aspects of chitin and chitosan: A review. Process Biochemistry 6 90-92.
20. Mahajan P.V, Caleb O.J, Singh Z, Watkins C.B, Geyer M. 2014. Postharvest treatments of fresh produce. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences, 372(2017), 20130309.
21. Manzur R, Zia M.A, Ali L. 2007. How to grow bananas.
22. Maqbool M, Ali A, Alderson P. 2010. A combination of gum Arabic and chitosan can control anthracnose caused by Colletotrichum musae and enhance the shelf-life of banana fruit. The Journal of Hortcultural Science and Biotechnology 85(5) 432-436.
23. Martin-Belloso O, Fortuny R.S. 2010. Advances in fresh-cut fruits and vegetables processing. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
24. Mejia D.J. 2003. Preservation of fruits and vegetables by combined Methods Technologies. International Tropical Fruits Network 1-2.
25. Mondal M.F, Rouf M.A. 2011. Effects of different postharvest treatments on shelf life and quality of banana. Journal of Bangladesh Society of Agricultural Science & Technology 8(3&4) 133-136.
26. Mondal M.F, Islam M.S, Rashid M.H.A. 2011. Effect of application of plant extracts on shelf life and diseases of banana. Journal of Bangladesh Society of Agricultural Science & Technology 8(3&4) 137-142.
27. Nakasone H.Y, Paull R.E. 1999. Tropical Fruits.CAB Inernational Publishing.UK by Biddles Ltd,Guildford and King's Lynn. 445p.
28. Park S.I, Marsh K.S, Dawson P.L, Acton J.C, Han I. 2002. Antimicrobial activity of chitosan incorporated polyethylene films. Food Packaging, Annual Meeting and Food Expo, Anaheim, California, July 13-16.
29. Picq, Claudine and INIBAP editors. 2000. Bananas (English ed.). Montpellier: International Network for the Improvement of Banana and Plantains/International Plant Genetic Resources Institute. ISBN 978-2-910810-37-5. Retrieved 2013-01-31.
30. Ploetz R, Galan S. 1998. Banana diseases in the subtropics. Acta Horticulturae 490 263-276.
31. Pratiwi A.S, Dwivany F.M, Larasati D, Islamia H.C, Martien R. 2015. Effect of chitosan coating and bamboo FSC (fruit storage chamber) to expand banana shelf life. The Journal of Chemical Physics, AIP Conference Proceedings 1677(1) 100005 (2015).
32. Rao M, Rao R. 1979. Postharvest changes in banana cv. Robusta. Indian Journal of Horticulture 36 387-393.
33. Robinson J.C. 1996. Bananas and Plantain. Wallingford, UK: CAB International, Wallingford, UK 1-238.
34. Sakif T.I, Dobriansky A, Russell K, Islam T. 2016. Does Chitosan Extend the Shelf Life of Fruits? Advances in Bioscience and Biotechnology 7 337-342.
35. Salvador A, Sanz T, Fiszman S.M. 2007. Changes in color and texture and their relationship with eating quality during storage of
12 Int. J. Hort. Sci. Technol; Vol. 8, No. 1; March 2021
different dessert bananas. Journal of Postharvest Biological Technology 43(3) 319-325.
36. Sarkar H.N, Hasan M.A, Chattopadhya P.K. 1997. Influence on polythene packing of the postharvest storage behavior of banana fruit. Horticulture Journal 10(1) 133-139.
37. Seymour G.B. 1993. Banana. In: Biochemistry of fruit ripening. Edited by G B Seymour, J E Taylor and G A Tucker, 1st ed. Chapman and Hall, London, pp. 83-101.
38. Shao X.F, Tu K, Tu S, Tu J. 2012. A combination of heat treatment and chitosan coating delays ripening and reduces decay in “Gala” apple fruit. Journal of Food Quality 35 83-92.
39. Siddiqui M.W, Chakraborty I, Ayala-Zavala J, Dhua R. 2011. Advances in minimal processing of fruits and vegetables: A review. Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research, 70, 823–834.
40. Siriboon, N, Banlusilp P. 2004. Study on the ripening process of “Namwa” banana, Annual Journal of Technology, 7(4):159-164.
41. Suseno N, Savitri E, Sapei L, Padmawijaya K.S. 2014. Improving shelf-life of Cavendish
Banana Using Chitosan Edible Coating. Procedia Chemistry 9(2014) 113 – 120.
42. Tharanathan R.N, Kittur F.S. 2003. Chitin– The undisputed biomolecule of great potential. Crit. Rev. Food Science and Nutrition 43 61-87.
43. Toan N.V. 2009. Production of Chitin and Chitosan from Partially Autolyzed Shrimp Shell Materials. The Open Biomaterials Journal 1 21-24.
44. Wills R, Mcglasson B, Graham D, Joyce D. 1998. Postharvest an Introduction to the physiology and handling of fruits, vegetables and ornamentals. 4thed. UNSW press. Adelaid.
45. Wu Y, Weller C.L, Hamouz F, Cuppet S, Schnepf M. 2002. Development and application of multicomponent edible coatings and films: A review. Advanced Food & Nutrition Research 44 34.
46. Zhou R, Mo Y, Li Y, Zhao Y, Zhang G, Hu Y. 2008: Quality and internal characteristics of Huanghua pear (Pyrus pyrifolia Nakai, cv. Huanghua) treated with different kinds of coatings during storage. Postharvest Biology & Technology 49 171-179.