- Abdolmaleki M, Khosh-Khui M, Eshghi S, Ramezanian A. 2015. Improvement in vase life of cut rose cv. “Dolce Vita” by preharvest foliar application of calcium chloride and salicylic acid. International Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology 2(1), 55-66.
- Aloui H, Khwaldia K.H, Sa´nchez-Gonza´ lez L, Muneret L, Jeandel C, Hamdi M, Desobry S. 2014. Alginate coatings containing grapefruit essential oil or grapefruit seed extract for grapes preservation. International Journal of Food Science and Technology 49, 952-959.
- Ayranci E, Tunc S. 2003. A method for the measurement of the oxygen permeability and the development of edible films to reduce the rate of oxidative reactions in fresh foods. FoodChemistry 80(3), 423–431.
- Ayranci E, Tunc S. 2004. The effect of edible coatings on water and vitamin c loss of apricots (Armeniaca vulgaris lam.) and green peppers (Capsicum annuum l.). Food Chemistry 87(3): 339-342.
- Azarakhsh N, Osman A, Ghazali H.M, Tan C.P, Adzahan N.M. 2014. Lemongrass essential oil incorporated into alginate-based edible coating for shelf-life extension and quality retention of fresh-cut pineapple. Postharvest Biology and Technology88, 1-7.
- Bagheri M, Esna-Ashari M, Ershadi A. 2015. Effect of postharvest calcium chloride treatment on the storage life and quality of persimmon fruits (Diospyros kaki Thunb.) cv. ‘Karaj’. International Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology 2(1), 15-26.
- Chen C, Peng X, Zeng R, Chen M, Wan C, Chen J. 2016. Ficus hirta fruits extract incorporated into an alginate-based edible coating for Nanfeng mandarin preservation. Scientia Horticulturae 202, 41-48.
- Chiabrando V, Giacalone G. 2016. Effects of edible coatings on quality maintenance of fresh-cut nectarines. Journal of Food and Agriculture 28(3), 201-207.
- Chiabrando V, Giacalone G. 2015. Anthocyanins, phenolics and antioxidant capacity after fresh storage of blueberry treated with edible coatings. International Journal ofFood Sciences and Nutrition 66(3), 248–253.
10. Diaz-Mula H, Serrano M, Valero D. 2012. Alginate coatings preserve fruit quality and bioactive compounds during storage of sweet cherry fruit. Food and Bioprocess Technology5(8),1-8.
11. Dong F, Wang X. 2017. Effects of carboxymethyl cellulose incorporated with garlic essential oil composite coatings for improving quality of strawberries. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 104, 821-826.
12. Duan J, Wu R, Strik B.C, Zhao Y. 2011.Effect of edible coatings on the quality of fresh blueberries (duke and elliott) under commercial storage conditions. Postharvest Biology and Technology 59, 71–79.
13. Fan Y, Xu Y, Wang D, Zhang L, Sun J, Sun L, Zhang B. 2009. Effect of alginate coating combined with yeast antagonist on strawberry (Fragaria× ananassa) preservation quality. Postharvest Biology and Technology 53(1), 84-9.
14. Gil M.I, Gorny J.R, Kader A.A. 1998. Responses of ‘Fuji’ apple slices to ascorbic acid treatments and low-oxygen atmospheres. HortScience 33(2), 305-309.
15. Gol N.B, Chaudhari M.L, Rao T. 2015. Effect of edible coatings on quality and shelf life of carambola (Averrhoa carambola L.) fruit during storage. Journal of Food Science and Technology 52(1), 78–91.
16. Gol N.B, Patel P.R, Rao T.R. 2013. Improvement of quality and shelf-life of strawberries with edible coatings enriched with chitosan. Postharvest Biology and Technology 85, 185-195.
17. Guerreiro A.C, Gago C.M, Faleiro M.L, Miguel M.G. Antunes M.D. 2015. The use of polysaccharide-based edible coatings enriched with essential oils to improve shelf-life of strawberries. Postharvest Biology and Technology 110, 51-60.
18. Han C, Zhao Y, Leonard S.W, Traber M. G. 2004. Edible coatings to improve storability and enhance nutritional value of fresh and frozen strawberries (Fragaria× ananassa) and raspberries (Rubus ideaus). Postharvest biology and Technology 33(1),67-78.
19. He Q, Luo Y. 2007. Enzymatic browning and its control in fresh-cut produce. Stewart Postharvest Review 3(6), 1-7.
20. Hernandez-Munoz P, Almenar E, Del Valle V, Velez D, Gavara R. 2008. Effect of chitosan coating combined with postharvest calcium treatment on strawberry (Fragaria× ananassa) quality during refrigerated storage. Food Chemistry 110(2), 428-435.
21. Jiang G.H, Kim Y, Nam S.H, Yim S.H, Eun J.B. 2016. Enzymatic browning inhibition and antioxidant activity of pear juice from a new cultivar of asian pear (Pyrus pyrifolia Nakai cv. Sinhwa) with different concentrations of ascorbic acid. Food Science and Technology 25, 153–158.
22. Kochba J, Lavee S, Spiegel-Roy P. 1977. Differences in peroxidase activity and isoenzymes in embryogenic ane non-embryogenic ‘Shamouti’ orange ovular callus lines. Plant Cell Physiology 18, 463-467.
23. Martınez-Romero D, Serrano M, Valero D. 2003. Physiological changes in pepino (Solanum muricatum Ait.) fruit stored at chilling and non-chilling temperatures. Postharvest Biol Technol30, 177–186.
24. Moline H.E, Buta J.G, Newman I.M. 1999. Prevention of browning of banana slices using natural products and their derivatives. Journal of Food Quality 22, 499- 511.
25. Nair, M.S., Saxena, A. and Kaur, C., 2018. Effect of chitosan and alginate based coatings enriched with pomegranate peel extract to extend the postharvest quality of guava (Psidium guajava L.). Food chemistry, 240, pp.245-252.
26. Oms-Oliu G, Soliva-Fortuny R, Martín-Belloso O. 2008. Edible coatings with antibrowning agents to maintain sensory quality and antioxidant properties of fresh-cut pears. Postharvest Biology and Technology 50, 87-94.
27. Orthofer R, Lamuela-Raventos R.M. 1999. Analysis of total phenols and other oxidation substrates and antioxidants by means of Folin–Ciocalteu, reagent. Method Enzymol 299, 152–178.
28. Pagliarulo C, Sansone F, Moccia S, Russo G.L, Aquino R.P, Salvatore P, Volpe M.G. 2016. Preservation of strawberries with an antifungal edible coating using peony extracts in chitosan. Food and Bioprocess Technology 9(11), 1951-1960.
29. Peretto G, Du W.X, AvenaBustillos R.J, Berrios J.D.J, Sambo P, Mchugh T.H. 2014. "Optimization of antimicrobial and physical properties of alginate coating containing carvacrol and methyl cinnamate for strawberry application. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 62, 984–990.
30. Peretto G, Du W.X, Avena-Bustillos R.J, Berrios J.D.J, Sambo P, McHugh T.H. 2017. Electrostatic and conventional spraying of alginate-based edible coating with natural antimicrobials for preserving fresh strawberry quality. Food and Bioprocess Technology 10(1), 165–174.
31. Plaza P, Torres R, Usall J, Lamarca N, Vinas I. 2004. Evaluation of the potentialof commercial post-harvest application of essential oils to control citrus decay. Journal of Horticultural ScienceandBiotechnology79, 935–940.
32. Qi H, Hu W, Jiang A, Li Y. 2011. Extending shelf-life of fresh-cut Fuji apples with chitosan-coating. Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies 12, 62–66.
33. Robles-Sanchez R.M, Rojas-Graü M.A, Odriozola-Serrano I, González-Aguilar G, Martin-Belloso O. 2013. Influence of alginate-based edible coating as carrier of antibrowning agents on bioactive compounds and antioxidant activity in fresh-cut Kent mangoes. Food Science and Technology 50(1), 240-246.
34. Rojas-Graü M.A, Raybaudi-Massilia R.M, Soliva-Fortuny R, Avena-Bustillos R.J, Martin-Belloso O. 2007b. Apple puree-alginate edible coatings as carrier of antimicrobial agents to prolong shelf-life of fresh cut apples. Postharvest Biology and Technology 45, 245–264.
35. Rojas-Graü M.A, Tapia M.S, Rodríguez F.J, Carmona A.J, Martin-Belloso O. 2007a. Alginate and gellan-based edible coatings as carriers of antibrowning agents applied on fresh-cut Fuji apples. Food Hydrocolloids 21, 18-27.
36. Sanchez‐Moreno C, Larrauri J.A, Saura‐Calixto F. 1999. A procedure to measure the antiradical efficiency of polyphenols. Journal of the science of food and agriculture 76(2), 270-276.
37. Sheikhi A, Mirdehghan S.H, Arab M.M, Eftekhari M, Ahmadi H, Jamshidi S, Gheysarbigi H. 2020. Novel organic-based postharvest sanitizer formulation using Box Behnken design and mathematical modeling approach: A case study of fresh pistachio storage under modified atmosphere packaging. Postharvest Biology and Technology Volume, 160. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.postharvbio.2019.111047.
38. Shull J.M, Watterson J.J, Kirleis A.W. 1991. Proposed nomenclature for the alcohol-soluble proteins (kafirins) of Sorghum bicolor (L. Moench) based on molecular weight, solubility, and structure. Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 39,83-87.
39. Sogvar O.B, Saba M.K, Emamifar A. 2016. Aloe vera and AA coatings maintain postharvest quality and reduce microbial load of strawberry fruit. Postharvest Biology and Technology 114, 29-35.
40. Suseno N, Savitri E, Sapei L, Padmawijaya K.S. 2014. Improving shelf-life of Cavendish banana using chitosan edible coating. Procedia Chemistry 9, 113–120.
41. Synowiec A, Gniewosz M, Krasniewska K, Przybyl J. L, Baczek K, Weglarz Z. 2014. Antimicrobial and antioxidant properties of pullulan film containing sweet basil extract and an evaluation of coating effectiveness in the prolongation of the shelf life of apples stored in refrigeration conditions. Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies 23, 171–181.
42. Tanada-Palmu P.S, Grosso C.R. 2005. Effect of edible wheat gluten –based films and coatings on refrigerated strawberry (Fragaria ananasa) quality. Postharvest Biology and Technology 36(2), 199-208.
43. Tapia M.S, Rojas-Graü M.A, Carmona A, Rodríguez F.J, Soliva-Fortuny R, Martin- Belloso O. 2008. Use of alginate- and gellan-based coatings for improving barrier, texture and nutritional properties of fresh-cut papaya. Food Hydrocoll 22, 1493–1503.
44. Valero D, Diaz-Mula H.M, Zapata P.J, Guillén F, Martínez-Romero D, Castillo S. Serrano M. 2013. Effects of alginate edible coating on preserving fruit quality in four plum cultivars during postharvest storage. Postharvest Biology and Technology 77, 1-6.
45. Velickova E, Winkelhausen E, Kuzmanova S, Alves V. D, MoldaoMartins M. 2013. Impact of chitosanbeeswax edible coatings on the quality of fresh strawberries (Fragaria ananassa cv. Camarosa) under commercial storage conditions. LWT-Food Science and Technology 52(2), 80–92.
46. Wang S. Y, Gao H. 2013. Effect of chitosan-based edible coating on antioxidants, antioxidant enzyme system, and postharvest fruit quality of strawberries (Fragaria x aranassa Duch.). Food Science and Technology 52(2), 71-79.
47. Zapata P. J, Guillén F, Martínez-Romero D, Castillo S, Valero D, Serrano M. 2008. Use of alginate or zein as edible coatings to delay postharvest ripening process and to maintain tomato (Solanum lycopersicon Mill) quality. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 88(7), 1287–1293.