Abdel Aziz Nahed G, Taha Lobna S, Ibrahim Soad M.M. 2009. Some studies on the effect of putrescine, ascorbic acid and thiamine on growth, flowering and some chemical constituents of gladiolus plants at Nubaria. Ozean Journal of Applied Sciences 2(2), 169-178.
Aliniaeifard S, Hajilou J, Tabatabaei, S.J. 2016. Photosynthetic and growth responses of olive to proline and salicylic acid under salinity condition. Notulae Botanicae Horti Agrobotanici Cluj-Napoca, 44(2), 579-585.
Amin A.A, Gharib F.A.E, El-Awadi M, Rashad M.E.M. 2011. Physiological response of onion plants to foliar application of putrescine and glutamine. Scientia Horticulturae 129, 353-360.
Ashraf M, Akram, N.A, Arteca R.N, Foolad M.R. 2010. The physiological, biochemical and molecular roles of brassinosteroids and salicylic acid in plant processes and salt tolerance. Crit. Rev. Plant Sciences 29, 162-190.
Bastam N, Baninasab B, Ghobadi C. 2013. Improving salt tolerance by exogenous application of salicylic acid in seedlings of pistachio. Journal Plant Growth Regul 69, 265-284.
Cavuşoglu K, Kılıç S, Kabar K. 2007. Effects of pretreatments of some growth regulators on the stomata movements of barley seedlings grown under saline (NaCl) conditions. Plant Soil and Environment. 53(12), 524–528.
Chen J.Y, Wen P.F, Kong W.F, Pan Q.H, Zhan J.C, Li J.M, Wan S.B, Huang W.D. 2006. Effect of salicylic acid on phenylpropanoids and phenylalanine ammonia-lyase in harvested grape berries. Postharvest Biology and Technology 40, 64-72.
Daiponmaka W, Theerakulpisutb P, Thanonkaoc P, Vanavichitd A, Prathephaa P. 2010. Changes of anthocyanin cyanidin-3-glucoside content and antioxidant activity in Thai rice varieties under salinity stress. Science Asia 36, 286-291.
De La Rosa-Ibarra M, Maiti R.K. 1995. Biochemical mechanism in glossy sorgum lines for resistance to salinity stress. Journal of Plant Physiology 146, 515-19.
10. Dhindsa R.S, Plumb-Dhindsa, P, Thorpe T.A. 1981. Leaf senescence: correlated with increased levels of membrane permeability and lipid peroxidation, and decreased levels of superoxide dismutase and catalase. Journal of Experimental botany 32(1), 93-101.
11. Dong J, Wan G, Liang Z. 2010. Accumulation of salicylic acid-induced phenolic compounds and raised activities of secondary metabolic and antioxidative enzyme in Salvia miltiorrhiza cell culture. JournalBiotechnol 148(2-3), 99-104.
12. Duan J, Li J, Guo Sh, Kang Y. 2008. Exogenous spermidine affects polyamine metabolism in salinity-stressed Cucumis sativus roots and enhances short-term salinity tolerance. Journal of Plant Physiology 165, 1620- 1635.
13. Eshghi S, Moharami S, Jamali B. 2017. Effect of salicylic acid on growth, yield and fruit quality of strawberry cv. ‘Paros’ under salinity conditions. Journal of Science and Technology of Greenhouse Culture 7(4), 163-174.
14. Farkhondeh R, Nabizadeh E, Jalilnezhad N. 2012. Effect of salinity stress on proline content, membrane stability and water relations in two sugar beet cultivars. International Journal of AgriScience 2, 385-392.
15. Ghaderi N, Normohammadi S, Javadi T. 2015. Morpho-physiological Responses of Strawberry (Fragaria×ananassa) to Exogenous Salicylic Acid Application under Drought Stress. Journal Agriculture Science and Technology 17, 167-178.
16. Giampieri F, Tulipani S, Alvarez-Suarez J.M, Quiles J.L, Mezzetti B, Battino M. 2012. The strawberry: Composition, nutritional quality, and impact on human health. Nutrition 28, 9-19.
17. Groppa M.D, Benavides M.P. 2008. Polyamines and abiotic stress: recent advance. Amino Acids 34, 35-45.
18. Hayat Q, Hayat S, Irfan M, Ahmad A. 2010. Effect of exogenous salicylic acid under changing environment. Environmental and Experimental Botany 68, 14-25.
19. Hernandez-Munoz P, Almenar E, Del-Valle V, Velez D, Gavara R. 2008. Effect of Chitosan Coating Combined with Postharvest Calcium Treatment on Strawberry (Fragaria× Ananassa) Quality During Refrigerated Storage. Food Chemistry 110 (2), 428–435.
20. Huang Z, Zhao L, Chen D, Liang M, Liu Z, Shao H, Long X. 2013. Salt stress encourages proline accumulation by regulating proline biosynthesis and degradation in Jerusalem Artichoke Plantlets. PLoS One 8(4), e62085.
21. Hussain S.S, Ali M, Ahmad M, Siddique K.H. 2011. Polyamines: natural and engineered abiotic and biotic stress tolerance in plants. Biotechnology Advances 29, 300–311.
22. Jamali B, Eshghi S, Tafazoli E. 2013. Vegetative growth, yield, fruit quality and fruit and leaf composition of strwberry cv. ‘Pajaro’ as influenced by salicylic acid and nickel sprays. Journal of Plant Nutrition 36, 1043-1055.
23. Jamalian S, Tehranifar A, Tafazoli E, Eshghi S, Davarynejad Gh.H. 2008. Paclobutrazol application ameliorates the negative effect of salt stress on reproductive growth, yield, and fruit quality of strawberry plants. Horticulture Environment and Biotechnology 49(4), 1-6.
24. Javaheri M, Mashayekhi K, Dadkhah A, Zaker Tavallaee F. 2012. Effects of salicylic acid on yield and quality characters of tomato fruit (Lycopersicum esculentum Mill.). International journal of agriculture and crop sciences4(16), 1184-1187.
25. Jiang C, Zu C, Lu D, Zheng Q, Shen J, Wang H. 2017. Effect of exogenous selenium supply on photosynthesis, Na+ accumulation and antioxidative capacity of maize (Zea mays L.) under salinity stress. Scientific Reports 7, 42039.
26. Karlidag H, Yildirim E, Turan M. 2009. Salicylic acid ameliorates the adverse effect of salt stress on strawberry. Scientia Agricola 66(2), 180-187.
27. Lee S, Kim S.G, Park C.M. 2010. 'Salicylic acid promotes seed germination under high salinity by modulating antioxidant activity in Arabidopsis'. New Phytologist 188, 626-637.
28. Liu J.H, Nada K, Honda C, Kitashiba H, Wen X.P, Pang X.M, Moriguchi T. 2006. Polyamine biosynthesis of apple callus under salt stress: Importance of arginine decarboxylase pathway in stress response. Journal of Experimental Botany57, 2589-2599.
29. Liu J.H, Peng T, Dai W.S. 2014. Critical cis-acting elements and interacting transcription factors: key players associated with abiotic stress responses in plants. Plant Molecular Biology 32, 303–317.
30. Ma X, Zheng J, Zhang X, Hu Q, Qian R. 2017. 'Salicylic acid alleviates the adverse effects of salt stress on Dianthus superbus (Caryophyllaceae) by activating photosynthesis, protecting morphological structure, and enhancing the antioxidant system'. Frontiers in Plant Science. 8, 600.
31. Mahajan Sh, Tuteja N. 2005. Cold, salinity and drought stresses: An overview. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics. 444, 139-158.
32. Mahgoub M.H, Abd-El Aziz N.G, Mazhar A.M.A. 2011. Response of Dahlia pinnata L. plant to foliar spray with Putrescine and thimine on growth, flowering and photosynthetic. American-Eurasian Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences 10 (5), 769-775.
33. Menendez A.B, Rodriguez A.A, Maiale S.J, Rodriguez-Kessler M, Jimenez-Bremont J.F, Ruiz O.A. 2012. Polyamines contribution to the improvement of crop plants tolerance to abiotic stress. In: Tuteja, N. and Gill, S.S. (eds). Crop improvement under adverse conditions. Springer, Morlenbach, Germany, pp. 113–137.
34. Mishra P.K, Siddiqui M.W, Sahay S. 2016. Polyamines. In postharvest management approaches for maintaining quality of fresh produce. Springer International Publishing AG, pp. 69-96.
35. Mishra S, Srivastava S, Tripathi P.D. 2006. Phytochelatin synthesis and response of antioxidants during cadmium stress in Baccopa monnieri L. Journal Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 44, 25-31.
36. Miura K, Tada Y. 2014. 'Regulation of water, salinity, and cold stress responses by salicylic acid'. Frontiers in Plant Science 5, 4.
37. Movahed N, Eshghi S, Tafazoli E, Jamali B. 2012. Effects of polyamines on vegetative characteristics, growth, flowering and yield of strawberry ('Paros' and 'Selva'), Acta horticulturae 926(926), 287-294.
38. Omaye S.T, Turnbull J.D, Sauberlich, H.E. 1979. Selected methods for the determination of ascorbic acid in animal cells, tissues, and fluids. In Methods in enzymology (Vol. 62, pp. 3-11). Academic press.
39. Palha M.G, Campo J.L, Oliveira P.B. 2010. Optimizing a high-density soilless culture system for strawberry production. In XXVIII International Horticultural Congress on Science and Horticulture for People (IHC2010): International Symposium on 926, 503-507.
40. Parida A.K, Das A.B. 2005. Salt tolerance and salinity effect on plants: a review. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety 60, 324–349.
41. Parvaiz A, Satyawati S. 2008. Salt stress and phyto-biochemical responses of plants. Plant, Soil and Environment 54, 89-99.
42. Pattanagule W, Thitisakakul M. 2008. Effect of salinity stress on growth and carbohydrate metabolism in three rice (Oryza sativa L.) cultivars differing in salinity tolerance. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology46, 736-742.
43. Pedraza R.O, Motok J, Tortora M.L, Salazar S.M, Díaz-Ricci J.C. 2007. Natural occurrence of Azospirillum brasilense in strawberry plants. Plant and Soil 295, 169-78.
44. Ritchie SW, Nguyen H.T, Scott Holaday, A. 1990. Leaf water content and gas-exchange parameters of two wheat genotypes differing in drought resistance. Crop Science 30(1), 105-111.
45. Roustakhiz J, Saboki E. 2017. Effect of salicylic acid on yield and yield component of grapevine (Vitis vinifera) under salinity stress condition. International Journal of Farming and Allied Sciences 6 (1), 39-42.
46. Sai Kachout S, Ben Mansoura A, Jaffel Hamza K, Leclerc J.C, Rejeb M.N, Ouerghi N. 2011. Leaf–water relations and ion concentrations of the halophyte Atriplex hortensis in response to salinity and water stress. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum 33(2), 335-342.
47. Saied A.S, Keutgen A.J, Noga G. 2005. The influence of NaCl salinity on growth, yield, and fruit quality of strawberry cvs. ‘Elsanta’ and’Korona’. Sciences Horticulture. 103, 289-303.
48. Samadi S, Habibi G, Vaziri A. 2019. 'Effects of exogenous salicylic acid on antioxidative responses, phenolic metabolism and photochemical activity of strawberry under salt stress'. Iranian Journal of Plant Physiology9 (2), 2685- 2694.
49. Shahmoradi H, and Naderi D. 2018. Improving effects of salicylic acid on morphological, physiological and biochemical responses of salt-imposed winter jasmine. International Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology, 5(2), 219-230.
50. Shen C, Hu Y, Du X, Li T, Tang H, Wu J. 2014. 'Salicylic acid induces physiological and biochemical changes in Torreya grandis cv. Merrillii seedlings under drought stress'. Trees 28, 961-970.
51. Shirko R, Nazarideljou M.J, Akbar M.A, Naser G. 2018. Photosynthetic reaction, mineral uptake, and fruit quality of strawberry affected by different levels of macronutrients. Journal of Plant Nutrition 41(14), pp.1807-1820.
52. Stevens J, Senaratna T, Sivasithamparam K. 2006. Salicylic acid induces salinity tolerance in tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum cv. Roma): associated changes in gas exchange, water relations and membrane stabilization. Plant Growth Regulation 49, 77-83.
53. Sun C, Fu D, Jin L, Chen M, Zheng X, Yu T. 2018. Chitin isolated from yeast cell wall induces the resistance of tomato fruit to Botrytis cinerea. Carbohydrate polymers 199, 341-352.
54. Syed Sarfraz H, Muhammad A, Maqbool A, Kadambot H.M. 2011. Polyamines: Natural and engineered abiotic and biotic stress tolerance in plants. Biotechnology Advances 29, 300-311.
55. Tang W, Newton J.R. 2005. Polyamines reduced salt induced oxidative damage by increasing the activities of antioxidant enzymes and decreasing lipid peroxidation in Virginia pine. Plant Growth Regulation 46, 31-43.
56. Unal D, Tuney I, Sukatar A. 2007. The role of external polyamines on photosynthetic responses, lipid peroxidation, protein and chlorophyll a content under the UV-A (352 nm) stress in Physica semipinnata. Journal Photochem Phytobiol 90, 64-68.
57. Verma S, Mishra S.N. 2005. Putrescine alleviation of growth in salt stressed Brassica Juncea by inducing antioxidative defense system. Journal of Plant Physiology, 162, 669-677.
58. Warrence N, Pearson, K.E, Bavder J.W. 2002. The basic of salinity and sodicity effect on soil physical properties. Journal of Plant Physiology 25, 64-70.
59. Xu Z, Rothstein S.J. 2018. ROS-Induced anthocyanin production provides feedback protection by scavenging ROS and maintaining photosynthetic capacity in Arabidopsis. Plant Signaling and Behavior 13, 1364-1377.
60. Yildirim E, Turan M, Guvenc I. 2008. Effect of foliar salicylic acid applications on growth, chlorophyll and mineral content of cucumber grown under salt stress. Journal Plant Nutrition 31, 593-612.
61. Zahedi S.M, Hosseini M.S, Abadía J, Marjani M. 2020. Melatonin foliar sprays elicit salinity stress tolerance and enhance fruit yield and quality in strawberry (Fragaria× ananassa Duch.). Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 149, 313-323.
62. Zhang RH, Li J, Guo SR, Tezuka T. 2009. Effects of exogenous putrescine on gasexchange characteristics and chlorophyll fluorescence of NaCl-stressed cucumber seedlings. Photosynthesis Research 100, 155-162.
63. Zhao Y, Jiao K, Herbert S.J, Hao L. 2008. Salicylic acid, hydrogen peroxide and calcium-induced saline tolerance associated with endogenous hydrogen peroxide homeostasis in naked oat seedlings. Journal Plant Growth Regul 54, 249-259.