Alvarez-Fernandez A, Paniagua P, Abadia J, Abadia A. 2003a. Effects of Fe deficiency-chlorosis on yield and fruit quality in peach (Prunus persica L. Batsch). Journal of Agricultural Food Chemistry. 51, 5738-5744.
2. Arnon, D.I., 1949. Copper enzymes in isolated chloroplasts. Polyphenoloxidase in Beta vulgaris. Plant physiology, 24(1), p.1.
3. Asghari M, Aghdam M.S. 2010. Impact of salicylic acid on post-harvest physiology of horticultural crops. Trends in Food Science & Technology. 21, 502-509.
4. Babalar M, Asghari M, Talaei A, Khosroshahi A. 2007. Effect of pre-and postharvest salicylic acid treatment on ethylene production, fungal decay and overall quality of Selva strawberry fruit. Food chemistry. 105(2), 449-453.
5. Bañuls J, Quinones A, Martin B, Primo-Millo E, Legaz F. 2003. Effects of the frequency of iron chelate supply by fertigation on iron chlorosis in Citrus. Journal of Plant Nutrition. 26, 1985-1996.
6. Barman K, Asrey R. 2014. Salicylic acid pre-treatment alleviates chilling injury, preserves bioactive compounds and enhances shelf life of mango fruit during cold storage. Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research. 73(11), 713-718.
7. Brand-Williams W, Cuvelier M.E, Berset C.L.W.T. 1995. Use of a free radical method to evaluate antioxidant activity. LWT-Food Science and Technology. 28(1), 25-30.
8. Duscheberry A.C, Yentsch C.S. 1961. Pigment monograph.J. Marine Res. 3, 91-101.
9. Elwan M.W.M, El-Hamahmy M.A.M. 2009. Improved productivity and quality associated with salicylic acid application in green house. Scientia Horticulturae. 122, 521-526.
10. Falcioni T, Ferrio J. P, del Cueto A.I, Giné J, Achon M.A, Medina V. 2014. Effect of salicylic acid treatment on tomato plant physiology and tolerance to potato virus X infection. European Journal of Plant Pathology. 138(2), 331-345.
11. Giménez M.J, Valverde J. M., Valero D, Guillén F, Martinez-Romero D, Serrano M, Castillo S. 2014. Quality and antioxidant properties on sweet cherries as affected by preharvest salicylic and acetylsalicylic acids treatments. Food chemistry. 160, 226-232.
12. Habibi G. (2017). Impact of Salicylic Acid on Phenolic Metabolism and Antioxidant Activity in Four Grape Cultivars during Cold Storage. International Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology. 4(2), 217-228.
13. Hayat Q, Hayat S, Irfan M, Ahmad A. 2010. Effect of exogenous salicylic acid under changing environment: A review. Environmental and Experimental Botany. 68, 14–25.
Effect of Absorbent Granules Coated by Potassium Permanganate on … 197
14. Hayat S, Ahmad A, Alyemeni M.N. (Eds.). 2013. Salicylic Acid: Plant Growth and Development. Springer.
15. Horvath E, Szalai G, Janda T. 2007. Induction of abiotic stress tolerance by salicylic acid signaling. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation. 26(3), 290-300.
16. Huang R.H, Liu J.H, Lu Y.M, Xia R.X. 2008. Effect of salicylic acid on the antioxidant system in the pulp of ‘Cara cara’ navel orange (Citrus sinensis L. Osbeck) at different storage temperatures. Postharvest biology and technology. 47(2), 168-175.
17. Kabata-pendias A, Pendias H. 1999. Biogcochcmistry of Trace Ezlements. PWN. Warsaw. Poland, pp: 398.
18. Kang G.Z, Wang C.H, Sun G.C, Wang Z.X. 2003. Salicylic acid changes activities of H2O-metabolizing enzymes and increases the chilling tolerance of banana seedlings. Environment Experimental Botany. 50, 9–15.
19. Karlidag H, Yildirim E, Turan M. 2009. Exogenous applications of salicylic acid affect quality and yield of strawberry grown under antifrost heated greenhouse conditions. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science. 172(2), 270-276.
20. Kazemi M, Aran M, Zamani S. 2011a. Effect of calcium chloride and salicylic acid treatment on quality characteristics of kiwifruit (Actinidia deliciosa cv. Hayward) during storage. American Journal of Plant Physiology. 6, 183–189.
21. Kazemi M, Hadavi E, Hekmati J. 2011b. Role of salicylic acid in decreases of membrane senescence in cut carnation flowers. American Journal of Plant Physiology. 6, 106–112.
22. Layne D.R, & Bassi D. (Eds.). 2008. The peach: botany, production and uses. CABI.
23. Li N, Parsons B.L, Liu D, Mattoo A.K. 1992. Accumulation of wound-inducible ACC synthase transcript in tomato fruit is inhibited by salicylic acid and polyamines. Plant Molecular Biology. 18, 477–487.
24. Lu X, Sun D, Li Y, Shi W, Sun G. 2011. Pre- and post-harvest salicylic acid treatments alleviate internal browning and maintain quality of winter pineapple fruit. Scientia Horticulturae. 130, 97–101.
25. Lurie S, Sonego L, Ben-Arie R. 1987. Permeability, microviscosity and chemical changes in the plasma membrane during storage
of apple fruit. Scientia horticulturae. 32(1), 73-83.
26. Mady M.A. 2009. Effect of foliar application with salicylic acid and vitamin E on growth and productivity of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.) plant. Journal of Agricultural Science Mansoura University. 34, 6735-6746.
27. Majedi M. 1994. Chemical Test Procedures of Food Material. Jahad Daneshgahi, University of Tehran, p. 65.
28. Marschener H. 1986. Mineral Nutrition of Higher Plants. Academic Press. NewYork.
29. Marzouk H.A, Kassem H.A. 2011. Improving yield, quality, and shelf life of Thompson seedless grapevine by preharvest foliar applications. Scientia Horticulturae. 130(2), 425-430.
30. Mirdehghan S.H, Rahemi M, Martínez-Romero D, Guillén F, Valverde J.M, Zapata P.J, Serrano M, Valero D. 2007b. Reduction of pomegranate chilling injury during storage after heat treatment: role of polyamines. Postharvest biology and technology. 44, 19–25.
31. Mitchell F.G, Kader A.A. 1989a. Factors affecting deterioration rate. In: LaRue J.H, Johnson R.S, (eds) Peaches, Plums, and Nectarines: Growing and Handling for Fresh Market. Publication No. 3331. University of California, Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Oakland, California, pp. 165–178.
32. Mo Y, Gong D, Liang G, Han R, Xie J, Li W. 2008. Enhanced preservation effects of sugar apple fruits by salicylic acid treatment during post‐harvest storage. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. 88(15), 2693-2699.
33. Molassiotis A, Tanou G, Diamantidis G, Patakas A, Therios I. 2006. Effects of 4-month Fe deficiency exposure on Fe reduction mechanism, photosynthetic gas exchange, chlorophyll fluorescence and antioxidant defense in two peach rootstocks differing in Fe deficiency tolerance. Journal of plant physiology. 163(2), 176-185.
34. Moradinezhad F, Jahani M. (2016). Quality improvement and shelf life extension of fresh apricot fruit (Prunus Armeniaca cv. Shahroudi) using postharvest chemical treatments and packaging during cold storage. International Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology, 3(1), 9-18.
35. Noort D.V, Wallace A. 1966. Role iron in chlorophyll synthesis. In Current topics in plant nutrition, ed. A Wallace. Los Angeles: University of Calfornra. 27-28.
198 Int. J. Hort. Sci. Technol; Vol. 7, No. 2; June 2020
36. Nunes M.C.N. 2008. Color Atlas of Postharvest Quality of Fruits and Vegetables. Blackwell Publ., Ames, Iowa, pp. 480 p.
37. Pestana M, Correia P.J, Ferreira P, Gonçalves D, Longo J, Miguel M.G, Varennes A. 2000. A pulverizaçao foliar como método alternativo de correcçao da clorose férrica em citrinos, in Livro de Actas do Congresso Nacional de Citricultura, pp. 399-407.
38. Pila N, Gol N.B, Rao T.R. 2010. Effect of postharvest treatments on physicochemical characteristics and shelf life of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.) fruits during storage. American-Eurasian J Agric Environ Sci. 9(5), 470-479.
39. Sansavini S, Gamberini A, Bassi D. 2006. Peach breeding: genetics and new cultivar trends.VI International Peach Symposium. 713, 23–48.
40. Sayyari M, Babalar M, Kalantari S, Serrano M, Valero D.j. 2009. Effect of salicylic acid treatment on reducing chilling injury in stored pomegranates. Postharvest biology and technology. 53(3), 152-154.
41. Serek M, Sisler E.C, Duncan C.D. 1994. Novel gaseous ethylene binding inhibitor prevents ethylene effects in potted flowering plants. Journal of American Society for Horticultural Science. 119:1230-1233.
42. Shafiee M, Taghavi T.S, Babalar M. 2010. Addition of salicylic acid to nutrient solution combined with postharvest treatments (hot water, salicylic acid, and calcium dipping) improved postharvest fruit quality of strawberry. Scientia horticulturae. 124(1), 40-45.
43. Srivastava M.K, Dwivedi U.N. 2000. Delayed ripening of banana fruit by salicylic acid. Plant Science. 158(1), 87-96.
44. Supapvanich S, Tucker G.A. 2011. Physicochemical changes in fresh-cut
Honeydew melon fruit during storage. African Journal of Agricultural Research. 6, 2737–2742.
45. Trivedi A.P, Dhumal K.N. 2013. Effect Of Soil And Foliar Applications Of Zinc And Iron On The Yield And Quality Of Onion (Allium cepa L.). Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research. 38(1), 41-48. 46. Türkyılmaz B, Aktaş L.Y, Güven A. (2005). Salicylic acid induced some biochemical and physiological changes in Phaseolus vulgaris L. Sci Eng J Firat Univ, 17, 319-326.
47. Valero D, Díaz-Mula H.M, Zapata P.J, Castillo S, Guillén F, Martinez-Romero D, Serrano M. 2011. Postharvest treatments with salicylic acid, acetylsalicylic acid or oxalic acid delayed ripening and enhanced bioactive compounds and antioxidant capacity in sweet cherry. Journal of agricultural and food chemistry. 59(10), 5483-5489.
48. Wei Y, Liu Z, Su Y, Liu D, Ye X. 2011. Effect of salicylic acid treatment on postharvest quality, antioxidant activities, and free polyamines of asparagus. Journal of food science. 76(2), S126-S132.
49. Wise R.R. 1995. Chilling-enhanced photo oxidation: the production, action and study of reactive oxygen species produced during chilling in the light. Photosynth research. 45, 79-97.
50. Yildirim E, Turan M, Guvenc I. 2008. Effect of foliar salicylic acid applications on growth, chlorophyll, and mineral content of cucumber grown under salt stress. Journal of plant nutrition. 31(3), 593-612.
51. Zhang Y, Chen K.S, Chen Q. J, Zhang S.L, Ren Y.P. 2003. Effects of acetylsalicylic acid (ASA) and ethylene treatments on ripening and softening of postharvest kiwifruit. Acta Botanica Sinica. 45(12), 1447-1452.